Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Flooding Waters

In the spring of 2009, a lot of towns and communities in Manitoba were flooded when the Red River crested. For a full week, we sandbagged. It was tiring...but it was so much fun!!! I met so many wonderful people -- saw old friends -- just an awesome time...despite the cold..and the water, and everything that was going wrong around us!



I'm not sure where exactly I picked up the paper I used for the background -- it might have been garage sale...but I was soooooooo glad for it when I set out to scrap these pictures. The paper made the layout come together so easily -- and I love it!!! :)

 
  


I printed out these cutsie-little sandbags I found on the net. Double-stacked them....with foam. Made great-looking embellishments!!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. What a great page, LOVE how you did the title!! this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those sandbags look great! I really like both pages.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs