Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gotta think outside the box!

My printer is still out!!! UGH!!! And unfortunately there's not a whole lot I actually do without it!!! I'm constantly printing one thing or another for both my cards...and my layouts as well!!!

So I had to find other means...to get some scrappin' done!

My sister found a great stamp set while garage sale-ing last week. And yes, she bought it just for me -- sometimes it's really nice to be the only one in the family that actually scraps and stuff!!! LOL Everyone is constantly thinking of me when it comes to the good stuff!!! :)

So, my sister brings home a "Stampin' Up!" baby stamp set.  Man, was I impressed!!!


I've had a baby picture of my best friend's baby on my "to scrap" pile for a long time. And after trying to make the printer work for like 2 + hours this afternoon, I finally just gave up on it...and decided to try something new.


I stamped the "quote" from my new stamp set...and embossed it with gold embossing powder.


....then I copied and cut out some letters...and lifted them...to give them a 2D look...

I also bought some more fabulous rub-ons yesterday, and found a few that fit...



Finally I added some punched flowers I made with my Fiskars daisy punch...and some buttons I won in a blog candy. :) The layout is still missing the birthdate, weight and length...but that'll have to wait for the printere! I'm thinking of writing it in brown...along the left-side of the photo -- strip journaling style.


It's amazing what you can do without a printer!!! TFL :)

1 comment:

  1. this is the first time i've seen a photo of Aliyah. She's picture perfect. :)

    Beautiful layout and design. For myself, I rarely ever use a printer so I cannot really sympathize with you. I do a lot of hand journaling and I have waay too many stamps that have taken the place of a printer....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs