Google+ Followers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cap's Off To You!

As you might have noticed from all my recent posts, I've been putting all my time into scrapping layouts. It's not that I didn't have any cards to make -- I still have a list of cards I need to make...including one for Father's Day!!! Yes, I'm the queen of procrastinating!!! But honestly, I think I create my best work when I'm  under pressure! LOL If I have a deadline...that's usually when the ideas fly!!! Go figure!!!

So in typical "me fashion", I only started looking for ideas for a grad card on Thursday -- the card was delivered to the recipient on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL  But once again...I got it done in time. In fact, while I was at it, I made a couple...for next time. Back-ups do come in handy!!! :)


My photo doesn't do the card much justice -- it actually has dry embossing on the white squares. And the "grad cap" is 2D as I lifted it. I made the tassel myself -- for this card I simply went with gold, as it works for everyone! But for the next ones I make, I'll probably make the tassels the school colour. TFL

Sweet Stamping Challenge: Clean & Simple
Cuttle Bug: Use Embossing
My Time to Craft Challenge: Xtra Special 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Divinity

    your graduation card is just fabulous such a great idea! thanks for sharing it with us at sweet stampin

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I have a graduate this year! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and FANTASTIC grad card!!!! Just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your handmade tassel, I would love to know how to make them myself. Beautiful C&S card

    Thank you for joining us this week for a Sweet Stampin Challenge
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully designed and clever clean and simple card. Just perfect! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is fab.. I know what you meean abou the pressur lol...

    Thanks for joining us at sweet stamping xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs