Friday, October 26, 2012

3rd Orange Blog Hop

Hi guys! Are you ready to get hopping???

Welcome to the Fiskateer 3rd Annual Orange Blog Hop

If you're hopping along, you should have come here from Emily's blog. If you just stumbled across the hop, go to www.fiskateers.com to start from the beginning.

Today we are celebrating Fiskar's signature color, ORANGE. Almost everyone is familiar with Fiskars' famous orange-handled scissors, but Fiskars makes so many other wonderful products for crafting, sewing, gardening and much, much more. Each stop along our hop will feature different Fiskars' products with a big helping of ORANGE!

You don't want to miss ANY of the participants! There's lots of inspiration to be found along the stops -- plus some prizes as well. :) Check their directions carefully to participate.


Now on to my project....

I decided to go a different route than a card for this blog hop. I've wanted to try make a card box for giving away the cards I make. It's been on my "to do" list for like forever...but I didn't have a scoring tool. Luckily, my Fiskars trimmer also has a scoring blade, so I'm all set now. :)

There are a lot of different kind of project you can make to hold card, but I like the A2 Card Box look the best. Plus, it holds a lot of cards...so that's what I decided to try making today...

I found a great tutorial at Split Coast Stampers for the A2 card box. TUTORIAL LINK.

First I made the bottom box. Using my Fiskars Trimmer, I cut and scored the cardstock as the directions indicated...



Then I cut and scored my designer paper as well.

I then used the Fiskars "Effervescence" border punch to punch all the way around the designer paper. The designer paper is the top of the box -- I left the plain orange (bottom) as it was. No extra punching.  


Using double-sided tape, I glued the sides together...and the box was complete! :)


It's really not that difficult to make! Very simple steps to follow...and you could have a box to fill with envelope/cards or whatever other kind of goodie you want to send! :) Just click on the tutorial link above and try your hand at one of these A2 card boxes yourself!


So that's my project for the day. I hope you have been inspired to try a new idea for yourself! :) Thanks for coming by my blog today. It's been fun! :)

For more information about Fiskars and the Fiskateer program, you can go to http://www.fiskateers.com/join. Now, hop on over to Kelly's blog to see what great project she's come up with.

And if you get lost along the way, here is the complete list of the blog hop.

Emily K #7021
Divinity #6688  You are here!

Enjoy the rest of the hop! And good luck! :)


challenges for my project:

40 comments:

  1. I love it! The colors are beautiful. I used to make box years ago and somehow I stopped. Thanks for the inspiration to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute box!! i'll have to make one myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute box. I love this punch. I dont own one yet but it is really pretty with this box. I love boxes. So this is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful Divinity! I've never tried using a border punch to edge a gift box. It really adds a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you "punched" up the box. It really is the perfect way to accent the box top and the pretty paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool box with the right touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful box. Its so much fun to make these.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous gift idea! I'm gonna give this one a try....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! I actually am in need of this for my husband, who as asked me to make cards for him to give! I got his X-mas gift in mind now! Michelle #7586

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a great gift box. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute...I always have trouble going around the corners for a continuous punch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure made this look easy and I love the border punch idea to jazz it up! I am always looking for easy box ideas for ways to give little gifts. This one is perfect! Thanks for sharing the link too!
    Kelly #6558

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, I love the top of the box. I think I want to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That box looks wonderful! Love the punched border!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty box. I loved the edges. Jean#8889

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you went a different way! What a beautiful gift box! I'm going to make some of these for my Christmas gifts. Mom will like the box better than the gift I know. LOL Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on the challenge, that is one of my fav border punches.

    ReplyDelete
  19. BEAUTIFUL box Divinity - LOVE how you made the lid with the floral paper and punched edge!!!
    This would make lovely gift, even without being filled with your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great box Divinity! Love that punched border edge.
    sandy 4165

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is one great project! That truly make a gift of cards complete when they come in such a one of a kind box like that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I try to make my own boxes, I like useing punches on the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your box. I enjoy recycling boxes to use to store or give cards to friends in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your box, thanks for the inspiration can guess what I'm going to do today?

    Thanks so much for joining in our Punch Away theme at Stampalot challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Seriously gorgeous! Anyone who receives this with your pretty cards is going to love it!!! I need to break that punch out. I have not used it for awhile. You have inspired me :) :) :) I love the paper that you used for the top too!
    Deb♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't taken the time to make a card box recently! Now I think I should. You've reminded me how easy it can be and how it adds such a beautiful touch! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great project...and pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am definitely inspired.I've been wanting to try one of these boxes for a while now.Thank you for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so pretty--I like the border punch you used.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty. what a difference that made on using a border punch along the edges. Thanks for the inspiration to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness! I really want to make this box. Thanks for sharing it, you have inspired me!
    Tanya #5407

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the paper you used for your lid. It, along with the border punch, makes your box look very elegant!

      Delete
  33. Lovely paper and a handy project, too. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very pretty box! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fab box, I can never work out the size when doing round the border punching and they are either too long or too short, and you've made it look really easy! Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts challenge, a new one starts tomorrow evening (Sunday)

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs