Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fly Away Card

Well blogland....I'm not officially back yet.... :P but I did spend a hours at my crafting table this afternoon, so I thought I'd post my creation.

A fellow cardmaker gave me her Fiskar "Fly Away" border punch to borrow....to see if I could come up with an idea of how to incorporate it into a card. While I do love the punch I actually had to give it back without even one single card to show!!!!!!!!!! It's a cute punch, but it's different. Kinda a lot wider than punches I've used in the past....I don't really know what it was about it exactly.

Today I saw the punched sheets and thought -- why not give it another try. This time it worked....and I finally have a card to show for it! LOL What'cha think??? Think it works???

challenges:
The Paper Shelter -- Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' -- Flowers
Paper Craft Star -- Sketch
The Squirrel and the Fox: Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love the colours and the punching really works well. Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox - hope we'll see you again soon!

    Hugs, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely thank you card - the punched borders are fab. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just love those dragonflies along the border punch. How adorable! Perfect compliment to the large flower. Great job on this weeks sketch. I am so happy you played along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this border punch & think you've done a fab job with it. Pretty colours too. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for perseviering, a deffinate success I'd say.
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks lovely, great colours too :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the punch, works well with the flowers and colours you used :) TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. The colors are so pretty.

    Thanks for joining us at Stamp with Fun this week!

    Hugs,
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabby card you have made. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs