Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Metal-ology


Hi  guys. I love the cute little metal embellishments you can buy for cards and scrapbooking. As usual, I have quite a few in my stash...that get looked past all the time. Ever so often I challenge myself to use one or two on a card or project. Today was one of those days.

I love the look of a partial dry embossed card background. Using my Victorian Cuttlebug folder, I partially embossed some cream cardstock. To separate the two textures I added a strip of ribbon which I used to attach a metal butterfly embellishment from. Finally I stamped a sentiment...and added some black jewels.

Not a whole lot to it -- yet it looks elegant. I'm loving Clean & Simple!!!



A closer view:





products used:
Victorian cuttlebug folder
ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon 
Stampin Up "Happy Greetings" stamp
butterfly embellishment from stash
black bling


challenges:

12 comments:

  1. The simplicity of this creation is awesome! I have such a difficult time with CAS but this has inspired me! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really a beauty. The embossing is outstanding.
    We appreciate seeing what you have created and posted with us.
    Blessings
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, yet so elegant!!!! Love your little butterfly charm :)
    Thanks for joining us this week at Whimsical Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant and a perfect place for that butterfly! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pressure embossing on this card, and it really turned out SO sweet. Thanks for sharing with us, and have a very blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at CTO too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really elegant. An awesome card.

    Thanks for joining our bling challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and elegant, love this color you used (pale orange? coral?). Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I love your embossing and little charm!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. LOVE white cards. They are so elegant and love how you paired embossed panel with the ribbon and meltal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really elegant - thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays "bling" challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs