Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Working with Combos

You know sometimes when you know two colours look great together, but when you try creating something you begin to doubt? LOL That was me working with this layout. One of my biggest problems when I scrap is colour combinations. Do they work??? does it look good??? should I change it up???

I've made a lot of cards with brown and pink, and they always look good. I love working with that combination -- so I tried taking it to my layouts. I wasn't impressed with my paper choice here in the beginning -- even tried changing the brown paper for some other shade of pink, but then decided that that would defeat the purpose! So I went back it what I had originally planned on using. It wasn't until I added the deep brown ribbon that I saw how good it all looked...but now I'm hooked! I have a pile of similar ribbon from our sewing stash all ready to be added to my future layouts! I love this look!!! :)

I also used my new fiskar border punch. :) It's called "in stitches" and I thought it would fit very good with the pink paper. (the punched border is around the photo mattting). I'm gonna have fun with that one for sure! :) TFL

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo and beautiful page Divinity!!!

    Sorry to hear that you suffered so much for your art with this one but it was well worth it for this fabulous result :o)
    TracyM #6773

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs