Google+ Followers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Scoring "Something New"

I found a challenge that has a Scor Pal for the prize!!!!!!!! The Beary Sweet Design Challenge #2. Like totally wow, eh??? I've heard a lot about "scoring" when I watch/read tutorials, but I've never owned anything that does this! So this prize would be like a huge win for me! :) One catch though...the challenge is "Fancy Folds"  -- which is like totally out of my norm!!!!!! I'm the "fold the paper in half, create a card" type of girl...never done a fancy folding card (of any kind )!!!! So I'm totally out of my league here!

But I went for it! I thought -- what the heck! Even the crappy-est looking card gets an entry -- it is random draw prize, btw. :p So I gave it a shot. In fact, I tried TWO different techniques!!!!!!! And the totally amazing part is....

... they don't look bad!!!!!!!!! In fact, I actually LIKE them!!!!

Guess you want to see my creations already, eh???

Tah-dah!!!!!!!


...
...
...

The first one is a Criss Cross Card (Pocket Card): See a Tutorial


Basically it's a pocket with the note slipped in on the top. And a fancy band attached to the bottom.


Definitely a different kind of card for me! :)

....
...
...

Because the first card turned out so nice...I decided to attempt another technique.

This one is called "Triangle Trifold Card". See the tutorial



When it's opened it looks like this:

So that's basically it! I had a blast -- went out of my comfort zone...and now have two more amazing cards to add to my pile! :) TFL

...and lest anyone forgets -- I LOVE COMMENTS!!! :D

6 comments:

  1. Divinity, these are great! For not having done this before, I think you did a wonderful job. I understand, I am a fold-in-half to make a card kind of girl too. I love the Triangle Trifold, I will definitely have to try it. Thanks for playing along and good luck!

    Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, thank you for joining in the celebratory challenge at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divinity - you're too funny! I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks so much for braving this new technique for our Beary Sweet Challenge - you rocked it twice over!

    Cheers,
    Susan
    The Beary Scrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Cards came out awesome and looks like you've make these kind of cards for a long time. Watch out once you start with the fancy folds you won't want to stop. Good luck in the Challenge and we hope to see you again.
    ~Patricia
    The Beary Scrap Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh sooooo pretty! I love it!!!! Hmmmm, I may have to give this a try one day!!! :) Thank you so much for joining us in the Beary Sweet Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divinity, welcome to the world of fancy folds! You did great and I hope we have you hooked now!Thanks for playing with us at the Beary Scrap - Good luck in the prize draw!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs