Thursday, June 20, 2013

For Dad

Hi guys. Well it's been pretty busy around here in recent weeks. Plus, the weather has been too beautiful outdoors to spend  a whole lot of time inside. :) So I'll have to show a card I made awhile back...

this is the card I made for my dad for Father's Day.

I wanted to change it up a little from the cards I've been making recently. I love the Clean and Simple look, and that's generally what my cards turn out to be. But for this card I decided to try incorporate some vellum. I have a Fiskars "Family Legacy" vellum paper sets booklet with absolutely gorgeous vellum pages. So I started with that...

Then I created a word art and printed the sentiment onto the vellum.


I added a Cuttlebugged background ...and some designer paper as well. (scraps, scraps, scraps!) :)

I used the bow-easy to create a perfect bow...(absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that tool!!! -- it makes perfect bows every time...and it's soooooo simple to use!)

And here is my finished card:



challenges:

6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and elegant I love everything about it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #111 Father’s day/ or a card for a man!! challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card. It's always a challenge to figure out how best to attach vellum, but the brads are spot on for a masculine feel! Thank you for joining the CCEE Stampers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful and yet so masculine! AWESOME creation!Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘One For The Boy’s’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous Father's Day card. Thanks, for joining us in the CCEE Stampers Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous and the sentiment is awesome! I love it to pieces. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us. Unfortunately it isn't eligible for our prizes over at Penny Black Saturday Challenge as you haven't used a Penny Black stamp ... hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs